- Pay Rate:
£19.75 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
- ISLINGTON, LONDON,
Temporary Building Surveyor - Diagnostics
Job Ref: Islington RQ683043
Pay Rate: £19.75 per hour PAYE
To deal with repair issue cases referred to them, diagnose the cause and arrange for works to be carried out. This will include the assessment of condensation cases and drafting reports for presentation tom the High Value Repair Panel
- Carry out building inspections as necessary to diagnose the cause of building defects, raise work orders using National Housing Federation Schedule of Rates or specifications as appropriate.
- To prepare reports relating to condensation in compliance with the Condensation Protocol.
- To assist in the preparation of reports for senior managers, including those of a policy or strategic nature.
- To produce professional technical reports and present them to the High Value Repair Panel.
- To manage subsidence and structural failure cases in association with specialist external consultants.
- To assess alteration requests from tenants and leaseholders and complete paperwork in compliance with the process.
- To manage fire, flood or collision Insurance cases.
- To assist the Legal Disrepair and Diagnostics Manager in the development of policies and procedures relating tom the Repairs Service.
- Undertake Quality Assurance checks on works in progress or completed.
- Have a good working knowledge of relevant legislation, Building Regulations and Codes of Practice
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- HND/C Building with demonstrable post qualification experience of BSc Building and 2 years post qualification experience
- Working knowledge of the building industry codes of practice, measured team and building forms of contract, the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations and Statutory requirements applicable to the industry
- Proven experience in Demonstrable Building surveying experience
- Proven supervisory experience
- Ability to carry out surveys and diagnose defects in all types of Council owned properties
- Ability to write and prepare specifications for repairs and maintenance work and major repairs and planned maintenance contracts
- Ability to prepare and certify interim and final payments to contractors
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Building Surveyor - Diagnostics
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.