- Pay Rate:
£10.19 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 4 months
Full Job Title: Temporary Building Attendant - Library Service/Security
Reference no: Oxfordshire 5214139
Deal with challenging members of the public including exclusions from the building.
Ensure a secure environment for staff and customers including opening and closing the library during opening hours and dealing with any incidents, and regular patrols of the site.
Control of site access for public and staff meetings, acting as a point of contact for members of the public who are distressed or in need assistance. Respond to individual difference and diversity requirements.
Carry out first aid for staff and visitors to the building and to be responsible for carrying out emergency evacuation procedures in the event of an emergency, including evacuation chair operation.
Assist with library related work including carrying out repairs to stock, and maintaining back files of newspapers and periodicals as appropriate.
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Experience of working within a front facing environment and able to provide a helpful and effective service to all users of the library service including children, the elderly, people with disabilities, ethnic minority readers and challenging or demanding users
- Ability to deal effectively with emergency situations, in and out of office hours and stays calm under pressure
- Methodical and organised, able to work as part of a team and is a good communicator with listening, verbal and written skills, responding positively to change, accepts and responds to constructive feedback and identifies and takes up opportunities for self-development
- Able to move around furniture in a library environment
- Experience of numeracy, literacy and IT skills at an intermediate level
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Other Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- *** Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above – your CV must address the requirements listed
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Building Attendant - Library Service/Security
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.