- Pay Rate:
up to £15.78 per hour PAYE depending on experience
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
Temporary Brokerage Officer x2
Job Ref: 5206422
Enhanced DBS required for this role
The Care & Support Brokerage Service arranges and purchases care and support to meet the needs of both children and adults. This includes sourcing, commercial negotiation and arrangement of specialist placements and packages of care as well as use of block contracts, approved provider lists and framework agreements (local and regional). The main purpose of this role is to identify and arrange person centred, cost-effective care and support to meet the needs of a range of customers
One role will cover housing and brokerage experience in this area is desirable.
- At all times, to provide a professional service, which delivers desired outcomes for people and treats each person with respect, dignity and positive regard.
- To develop and maintain a sound working knowledge of care & support brokerage in designated portfolio areas and to use this knowledge to inform practice
- To assist and support the Senior Care & Support Brokerage Officer to deliver a high-quality care sourcing & brokerage function.
- To be responsible for finding the right support to meet the needs of the customer in line with Social Care and Council policies.
- To ensure value for money through effective price negotiation and use of cost effective options.
- To make effective use of available and developing technology to support effective practice and to maintain accurate and succinct records throughout.
- To work in partnership with the key professionals who are involved in the care and support of the vulnerable service users - recognising the role, remit and authority of other professionals and how their roles sit alongside the remit and authority of the Care & Support Brokerage function
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Educated to a good ‘A’ level standard or equivalent
- Understanding of public sector practice in relation to the identified portfolio area
- Good basic understanding of the market, commissioning and purchasing within social & health care
- Direct experience of supporting vulnerable people
- Experience of working in a complex and changing environment
- Excellent organisational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to understand care packages and cost structure and proven track record to formulate strategies to achieve value for money
- Ability to understand budgetary information
- Proven ability of working in a team environment and delivering team objectives
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Brokerage Officer x2 (Admin & Clerical) - Social Care
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.