- Pay Rate:
£17.82 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 4 months
Temporary Broadband Project Manager – ICT
Reference no: Cardiff RQ671824
Pay Rate: £17.82 per hour PAYE
Seeking a Project Manager to co-ordinate, monitor and manage its day to day delivery. The purpose of the role is to engage with internet Service Providers, Local Members, residents and businesses to facilitate and co-ordinate fibre broadband roll-out. Liaise with internal and external partners confidently and address barriers to delivery. You will be required to ensure compliance with the Council and Welsh Government Financial Management requirements.
- Ensure the effective management of the Local Broadband Fund project.
- Ensure the project delivery meets objectives, timescales, targets and quality standards.
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the effective delivery of the Project,
- Lead on the implementation and delivery to ensure its successful delivery.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with stakeholders.
- Liaise with colleagues within the Council in order to facilitate delivery.
- Develop detailed plans for the project using the appropriate tools
- Carry out appropriate analysis of costs, benefits, risks, resources and potential impact on the project.
- Undertake the procurement process and appointment and management of suppliers.
- Monitor and analyse performance and undertake quality reviews taking action to address any issues which arise.
- Ensure appropriate monitoring and financial management of the Project, including engagement and compliance with the Council and Welsh Government Financial Management requirements.
- Work with stakeholders to ensure the benefits of fibre broadband are realised.
- Provide high quality IT systems, support and maintenance across the organisation.
- Provide strategic advice and guidance to the service areas and their directorates.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
***Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
Does not need a technical background, however effective project management skills will be key to the success of the project.
Must be able to communicate effectively, build relationships across the range of stakeholders and manage and co-ordinate multiple inputs and outputs
ICT Skills: Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Broadband Project Manager – ICT
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.