- Pay Rate:
£18.00 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 18 months
- ELLESMERE PORT,
Full Job Title: Temporary Billing & Debt Assistant x3 – Corporate Debt
Reference no: W Cheshire 5211902
This is an 18-month contract for aged debt project to work on tracing, dealing with customers on the phone, negotiating payments, looking at alternative options such as attachment of earnings, benefits, bankruptcy, etc. Must have extensive experience in council tax recovery, be empathetic, good assessment skills and able to recognise customers who can’t pay from customers who won’t pay.
To provide an efficient service for the billing, collection and recovery of Income and debt owed to the Council.
To operate in either the Local Taxation Billing or Corporate Debt Recovery teams as required.
- To deal with enquires from Debtors in person, by letter, email or telephone.
- To negotiate payment arrangements on outstanding debts.
- To carry out effective changes to accounts as necessary, making decisions on exemptions, discounts and reliefs. Input data, maintain/amend accounts and issue bills
- Provide documentation for instalment arrangements, update records and monitor payments.
- Set up direct debits and using various reports produced by BAC’S update direct debit details on individual accounts and process unpaid items.
- To prepare refunds for authorisation
- Assist in tracing absconders in order to maximise revenue collection.
- To liaise with other departments concerning debtors accounts and sums due.
- Assist in the preparation, checking and dispatch of demand notices reminders, summonses etc.
- Assist with regular reconciliations of key controls
- To apply necessary recovery actions to collect outstanding amounts.
- To liaise with bailiffs on individual cases.
- To assist at Magistrates/County Court.
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Extensive recent clerical experience where figure work and accuracy are both important in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation
- To have a working knowledge of the appropriate legislation and regulations.
- Must have recent experience of working on Oracle system and Civica document imaging system
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Other Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- ***Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document. This could be important
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above – your CV must address the requirements listed
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Billing & Debt Assistant x3 – Corporate Debt
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.