- Pay Rate:
£17.67 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 6 months
Full Job Title: Temporary Benefits Assessor – Resources
Reference no: Stoke 5212112
Basic DBS disclosure required
NB: This role requires a BPSS check.
The effective and efficient verification and assessment of Housing and Council Tax Benefit, and ensuring the council’s objectives such as data protection and equal opportunities, are adhered to.
A flexible and adaptable approach to work is required as well as an ability to deal with several issues simultaneously. An understanding of the claimant’s needs should also be shown, in order to make the claim process easier.
Contribute to the organisations principal objective of continually improving its performance
Assessing benefit claims.
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Minimum of 12 months recent benefits assessment experience, preferably within a similar role or context and ideally within a public sector organisation
- Knowledge & Experience:
- Awareness of other welfare benefits, in particular Universal Credit and the impact on Housing Benefit administration.
- Experience of checking benefit eligibility for Court of Protection clients but also carrying out other ad hoc duties in relation to court of protection clients.
- Experience of working under pressure and meeting both individual and team targets, demonstrating a mature and flexible approach to service objectives.
- Knowledge of Council Tax liability, discounts and exemptions
- Knowledge of Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support legislation and other such Acts, as they relate to the administration of Benefit Services.
- Fully proficient at using IT systems, with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Office packages
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Other Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- *** Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above – your CV must address the requirements listed
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Benefits Assessor – Resources
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.