- Pay Rate:
£18.67 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 4-5 months
- LAMBETH, LONDON,
Temporary Assistant Sustainable Transport Coordinator
Job Ref: RQ583912
To join the active travel team to help deliver a raft of initiatives that aim to change travel behaviour to be more sustainable and active. These projects include working with suppliers and communities, residents and councillors. Candidates should have a passion and enthusiasm for active travel, have good organisation and communication skills and be focused on people and results
- To work closely with the Active Travel Manager in organising and developing a range of sustainable transport initiatives to enable residents, businesses, and community groups to travel more actively and sustainably. This will involve project management, risk assessments, publicity including press releases, photo opportunities, procurement of materials and targeted communication. This includes social media posts, resident newsletters, website updates, staff SharePoint stories and internal newsletter articles.
- To do this will require working with a number of different suppliers across the borough and London. The nature of events means that working weekends and evenings on certain occasions will be necessary. Ensuring that Lambeth is leading the way by encouraging staff to travel actively to, from and during work. This includes managing the Council’s pool bike system across the Council buildings. This requires monitoring booking systems for their use, procurement of mechanics to maintain bicycles on a monthly basis, promoting their use to staff and procuring new bikes as and when needed.
- To be in charge of communicating active travel messages, working with internal and external stakeholders including councillors, Transport for London, Met Safer Transport Teams, other borough colleagues and residents. To be the public face of active travel and ensuring that enquiries are responded to in a timely manner. Thinking creatively to pilot new initiatives in the borough and to showcase Lambeth as a leading borough in active travel.
- To be the lead contact for Lambeth on walking issues, campaigns, and events. This will involve fielding queries on walking issues, updating Lambeth’s web pages on walking and promoting walking campaigns to staff and businesses.
- To manage the sustainable transport related email inboxes. A high volume of enquiries come through on a weekly basis, so this requires regular monitoring and ensuring responses are sent to any enquiries that come through within 2 working days.
- To provide project support to the Project Manager working on the on-street cycle hangar implementation programme. This involves collecting data from various sources including online forms and email requests to create a representation of demand for cycle hangars across the borough. The role also includes assisting with choosing locations, creating communications, working on the consultations, the prioritising of resident spaces, scheduling installations, responding to resident enquiries and working with internal and external stakeholders and delivery partners.
- To manage the Play Streets process. This includes checking applications on a weekly basis. Ensuring applications are complete and reviewing whether suggested roads are suitable. Liaising with the Streetworks Manager and Traffic Management Order team and being the main contact point for residents
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- A degree in a related or relatable field
- Knowledge of sustainable transport and road danger issues
- Experience of working in a policy / knowledge-based field
- Experience of organising events, particularly travel awareness events
- Experience of a marketing/communication related environment
- Excellent time management and organisational skills to effectively manage diverse workloads, competing priorities within tight deadlines.
- High level of communication and interpersonal skills
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Assistant Sustainable Transport Coordinator
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.