- Pay Rate:
£19.85 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 5-6 months
- WHITE CITY,
Temporary Assistant Project Manager
Job Ref: 5208853
Basic DBS disclosure required
The role will be expected to support the development and management of performance, reporting and policy within the Adult Social Care department. To lead on performance monitoring and present information weekly
- To lead, plan and manage the delivery of complex projects within a programme framework, in accordance with the specified scope, quality, budget, timescale and resource objectives, and in a way which ensures high customer satisfaction.
- Direct, motivate and manage the project resources, particularly staff teams drawn from a range of service areas as required to work on specific projects.
- Work with customers and stakeholders throughout the project from defining quality criteria for project deliverables to delivering new capabilities into the business to ensure that project benefits and outputs remain aligned with customer priorities.
- Map, analyse and constructively challenge business processes and requirements to ensure that opportunities for efficiencies and service improvement are maximised.
- Identify, baseline and track both financial and non-financial benefits through the project lifecycle including putting measures in place to ensure post-project benefits realisation is robust.
- Drive delivery of project products and work packages applying recognised good practice change management tools and techniques within the framework of the Cheshire East Council formal project management method
- Create, maintain and share agreed project documentation including the project initiation document, project plan, project budget, risks and issues log, benefits realisation plan and progress reports to ensure that all stakeholders including the project board have a clear and consistent understanding of the project.
- Manage project risks and issues including identification, assessment and escalation of risks and issues, maintaining a risks and issues log and horizon scanning both internally and externally to identify interdependencies and risks to achieving the project’s agreed benefits.
- Be the first point of contact for the project with all stakeholders including partner organisations and any suppliers as necessary. Be an ambassador for the directorate and for the council when working with other teams and organisations.
- Proactively take steps to maintain an awareness of local, regional and national policies, initiatives and strategic drivers that could impact on the project and ensure that such impacts are understood, communicated and shared with project stakeholders and the wider programme team
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- PRINCE2 foundation or equivalent formal project qualification
- At least two years experience of project management
- Significant experience of using change management techniques to deliver business benefits from concept to business as usual
- Able to interrogate, analyse, interpret and present findings from qualitative and quantitative data
- Able to build strong relationships and communicate effectively with colleagues and customers at all levels
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Assistant Project Manager
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.