- Pay Rate:
£9.81 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2 months
Full Job Title: Temporary Assessment Officer – Housing Needs
Reference no: Lewes RQ610724
An experienced officer is required to join the housing team and deliver the homelessness and housing options service.
You will provide housing advice and assistance to customers and ensure that the Council fully meets its statutory responsibilities including those introduced by the Homelessness Reduction Act 2017. This includes receiving and assessing homeless applications, preparing and delivering personalized action plans and issuing decision notices
This role will require you to deal with customers and partner agencies face to face, by telephone and in writing. You will have excellent communication skills, proven experience in undertaking housing advice and homelessness case work and a demonstrable ability to manage a busy workload with minimal supervision.
You will need to be an enthusiastic team player with strong interpersonal and computer skills and have a demonstrable experience of delivering advice and support to the public as well as liaising with other statutory and public bodies.
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Minimum of 1 years recent experience within a housing advice context, preferably within a similar role and ideally within a public sector organisation
- Proven issuing of Section 184 decisions and record of prevention work
- A working knowledge of the Asylum & Immigration Act 2004, Children Act 1989 and the impact of Welfare reform
- Must have a good understanding of housing law
- IT skills including Microsoft packages
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Other Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- *** Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above – your CV must address the requirements listed
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Email Job Reminder
Temporary Assessment Officer – Housing Needs