- Pay Rate:
£9.81 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 1-2 months
Provide customer focused specialist advice on a range of statutory and non statutory services
- To deliver a specialist, professional service with high standards of advice and support and resolving cases of varying complexity as they arise.
- Ensure compliance with statutory regulations, legislation, professional codes of practice and adherence to Council policy.
- Being accountable for complex or contentious applications, cases and inspections, ensuring satisfactory resolution and liaising with external agencies and partners including courts, tribunal services and other formal bodies.
- Support, guide and advise the case management team, customer services and mobile locality teams delivering the service on less complex cases.
- Specify and manage projects, budgets and contracts that deliver community and corporate objectives.
- Prepare and present reports to Cabinet, Council committees and other internal and external meetings.
- To provide technical expertise for strategy development
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Educated to Level 3 standard or equivalent or qualified by strong relevant experience
- Knowledge & Experience:
- Excellent Knowledge of services provided across the councils
- A good knowledge of the working practices and methodologies of at least one of the relevant specialist services
- Good working knowledge of legislation and developments within the specialism
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Experience in dealing with service users and stakeholders
- Skills & Abilities:
- Good communication skills both written and verbal to include report writing, presentation and influencing skills
- Ability to prioritise, meet deadlines and work effectively under pressure
- Able to communicate effectively with customers, colleagues, Council Officers and external agencies
- Ability to effectively organise own and team workload to meet deadlines
- Preparation and presentation of reports
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages
- Other Requirements:
- Able to undertake site inspections
- Ability to travel across Lewes District and Eastbourne Borough
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.