- Pay Rate:
£14.00 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 6 months
Temporary ASB Officer - Housing & Revenues
Job Ref: NCH RQ676089
Pay Rate: £14.00 per hour PAYE
ASB Officer to provide case management services to customers, engage with multi agency partnerships to manage more complex cases and provide solutions and where necessary progress cases through court processes, all in line with our policy and procedures
- Investigate reports of anti-social behaviours carried out by customers, including racial harassment and take follow-up action on breaches of tenancy, licence and lease agreements utilising an incremental approach focussed on challenging and changing unacceptable behaviours.
- Carry out all case management activities in line with ASB policy and procedure to ensure consistent, impartial and timely case management, fully utilising all available interventions and where appropriate in partnership with other agencies.
- Liaise with Your Community Co-ordinators so they can provide support for witnesses and victims of anti-social behaviour alongside your case management
- Prepare possession and injunction cases for court, representing where applicable and serve documentation on customers where required.
- Assist in the ongoing development of anti-social behaviour policies and procedures incorporating best practice to ensure that delivers the best possible service to customers and the wider community.
- Develop and maintain effective partnerships with external stakeholders including the Police, Crime Reduction Panels, legal staff and other agencies.
- Monitor and manage surveillance equipment; advising colleagues and tenants on the use of surveillance equipment and liaising with Property Services about property security matters
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Qualified to Charted Institute of Housing Level 3 or relevant equivalent ASB qualification or be or be committed to undertaking ongoing professional development commensurate with the role
- Demonstrable knowledge of current social housing issues, practice and law
- Demonstrable knowledge of ASB legislation and court practice
- Demonstrable knowledge of Domestic Abuse legislation and the requirements of NCHA’s Domestic Abuse Housing Alliance accreditation
- Extensive experience relating to the management of Anti-Social Behaviour cases and/or experience of working in a similar role; including partnership working, successful representation in court
- Demonstrable high level of numeracy, IT and literacy skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external customers by demonstrating tact, diplomacy, sensitivity and customer care
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Full Driving licence, access to a vehicle or access to means of mobility support.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary ASB Officer - Housing & Revenues
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.