- Pay Rate: Up to £13.04 max per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week: 35-37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
- This opening assignment is for 2 months
- Haringey, London, N22 7TP
A qualified Arboricultural Officer is required to carry out inspections/surveys, provide estimates, prepare and issue specifications for tree works and provide technical and non-technical advice on Arboricultural issues.
- Carry out tree condition surveys, for the planning, landscaping and planting of new trees and assist with insurance issues
- Issue instructions, monitor and provide guidance to a range of external contractors undertaking arboricultural works
- Ensure high quality arboricultural work is undertaken on the borough’s tree stock within highways, car parks, parks and open spaces and in other corporately owned sites (e.g. Housing, Property Services).
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Recognised qualification in arboriculture.
- Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Excellent working knowledge of the relevant legislation and regulations relating to trees.
- Ability to carry out tree condition surveys and inspections.
- Experience providing estimates and issuing specifications for tree works.
- Knowledge and experience providing technical and non-technical advice on Arboricultural issues.
- Good communication and people skills.
- Ability to manage your own workload efficiently.
- A proactive approach to working on your own or as part of a team.
- Ability to deal with challenging situations using tact and diplomacy.
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience.
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
If you would prefer to send a CV straight to us rather than by way of an on-line application, you are very welcome to do so via [email protected] but please quote both the job reference and job title exactly as they appear below:
Temporary Arboricultural Officer
Anticipated Length of Assignment: Unless otherwise stated (we do carry the occasional permanent vacancy) all of our roles are technically temporary, though opening assignments can be and often are, extended by clients on a longer term basis and can sometimes become permanent.
Please do try to resist contacting us with requests for progress updates.
We really do read every CV sent to us. All applications will be acknowledged by a human, not a robot, provided the job remains live and provided your CV meets the “Essential Requirements” listed.
Please note that we do our level best to take down ads as soon as roles have been filled. We are not in the business of harvesting CVs.
Important: We will interpret your application as being permission to submit your CV to this role (with the right to represent you) unless you advise us to the contrary.
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.