- Pay Rate:
£11.70 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35-37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 5-6 months
Temporary Adult Social Care Advisor x2
Job Ref: 5164513321707
Enhanced DBS required for this role
The post holder will be responsible for the effective delivery of the South Tyneside Let’s Talk Service, the single point of contact into Adults and Integrated Care in South Tyneside
- Maintain an up to date knowledge of support and services in the community, liaising with colleagues within the council and partner organisations to obtain information and access to services.
- Effectively understand the nature of the persons queries and provide clear, concise and timely information and advice to meet their expectations and outcomes.
- Facilitate choice through promoting independence particularly through the provision of information, advice and support to enable people to maintain their independence for as long as is possible.
- Deliver strengths based and solution focussed outcomes to enquiries using a consistent approach to understanding what matters to the person and supporting people consider the range of options available to them.
- Connect people to supports available within their own network and community taking into account their own resources and strengths.
- Seek a positive outcome at all times, diffusing difficult situations negotiating and handling objections in a diplomatic and tactful way to achieve the best possible customer experience.
- Carry out the first conversation as part a strengths based approach seeking to resolve needs at the earliest possible point for the persons contact.
- Where appropriate, identify needs and risks and ensure the person is connected to the right level of support.
- Ensure that the function of the team to provide Great Information and Simple Connections is adhered to, so people’s needs and outcomes are met including the use of community, independent and voluntary sector resources.
- Identify situations where the person is deemed to be at risk including situations where the individual may be experiencing abuse or neglect and ensure compliance with Safeguarding Adults procedures and Making Safeguarding Personal guidance
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- A good standard of education including English and Mathematics (GCSE A-C) or demonstrably equivalent abilities
- A good understanding of social care and health organisations, their roles and responsibilities
- A good understanding of the issues faced by adults and their carers
- Experience of working in a setting with direct customer contact, giving information and advice to customers
- Experience of accessing electronic information sources
- Effective decision making skills which involve considering risks and needs
- Effective problem solving skills
- Ability to manage calls which may involve children and adults at risk of harm and obtain and decipher key pieces of information to be able to inform decision making
- Ability to present complex information both verbally and in writing
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Adult Social Care Advisor x2
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.