- Pay Rate:
Up to £11.73 per hour PAYE depending on experience
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 6 months
Temporary Administrator – Resources
Reference no: Oxfordshire 5212181
Flexible working hours available
The purpose of the role is to provide comprehensive and efficient administrative support to the Environment, Conveyancing & Contracts Team.
- Providing excellent customer service at all times and, when required, greet and direct visitors to the team.
- Preparation of documents (updating numbering, paginating and photocopying).
- Receive and make telephone calls on behalf of the team, answering routine enquiries and redirecting more complex enquiries to the appropriate colleague.
- Liaising with the clients and customers.
- Assist in the archiving / retrieval of files and records from storage, as appropriate.
- Work with the Legal Secretaries / Support Officers to maintain the logs and registers kept by the team.
- Absence of the fee-earner or Office Manager, to identify any urgent matters and to raise these with another appropriate fee earner or Legal Practice Manager.
- Assist with the maintenance and management of filing systems, including electronic filing with due regard to security and confidentiality and use the relevant ICT systems to the team.
- Ensure generally that the office is kept tidy from a Health and Safety point of view, including putting files away and ensuring confidential waste bags are removed when full.
- Provide cover and support for Legal Secretaries when required.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Numeracy and Literacy skills at Level 2 (equivalent to 4 GCSE grades A* to C).
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Experience within a professional office or equivalent.
- Flexible in working hours.
- Ability to deal with work of a confidential nature.
- Ability to work co-operatively as a team member.
- ICT Skills: Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Administrator – Resources
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.