- Pay Rate:
Up to £11.73 per hour PAYE, depending on experience
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2 months
Temporary Administrator – Parking Management
Reference no: Oxfordshire 5203388
This role can be home based after training is completed.
Joining the Parking Management team, you’ll provide administrative support and must be able to communicate effectively by telephone, in writing and by email.
You’ll be involved in a range of activities including processing and recording information relating to Penalty Charge Notices, assisting with permit administration, logging requests for parking restrictions from the public, carrying out searches for utility information, taking telephone payments and logging and responding to simple enquiries for the Zero Emissions Zone.
Working within a very busy office environment, you may find yourself dealing with challenging and sometimes emotional situations and people. It’s important that you are able to work calmly under pressure and balance competing demands effectively.
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Minimum of 12 months recent office administration experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation
- Ability to work calmly under pressure and balance competing demands effectively.
- Customer-focused approach and an excellent manner when dealing with customers and members of the public
- Ability to take on responsibility and therefore should be able to work both independently and as part of a team.
- ICT Skills:
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft Word and Outlook
- Fast accurate word processing skills and be familiar with spreadsheets.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Other Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above – your CV must address the requirements listed
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Administrator – Parking Management
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.