- Pay Rate:
£9.79 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
Temporary Administrator - Lifelong Services
Job Ref: RQ608828
Enhanced DBS required for this role
Member of an admin resource pool, providing routine administrative support within and across services, as determined by the Office Resource Manager
- As directed by the Office Resource Manager, to undertake a range of tasks effectively and efficiently, including the operation of associated equipment, as required by the client and within timescales e.g. collation of straightforward/basic statistical or management information; car park booking; or receiving, logging and redirecting service related complaints / data protection requests, and manual or electronic filing.
- As a member of a resource pool, undertake a range of tasks as allocated, which may include support to colleagues to manage workloads across the team.
- Make simple resource bookings; such as rooms, refreshments, people etc as directed.
- To input information into an electronic system and or type documents such as: produce defined basic presentations and templates, or input/update/maintain straightforward spreadsheets. Includes the use of mail merge functions.
- Communicate face to face with internal and external clients in an appropriate manner, including meeting and greeting visitors/clients. This may involve undertaking reception duties with external visitors and recording incoming calls.
- Telephone, fax and scanning duties; including receiving and sending faxes, taking clear and accurate telephone messages and competently transferring calls in an appropriate manner and scanning a variety of documents.
- Responsible for physical resources such as maintaining and ordering stationery supplies (including standard equipment/software) and tracking delivery progress.
- Responsible for handling or processing information in order to collate and distribute papers, undertake sensitive office filing as directed and maintain records of contractors in the building, give access, issue and record visitor badges and keys.
- Support equality and diversity and respect customers, clients and other members of staff regardless of gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, religion or ethnic origin.
- Remain up to date and compliant with all relevant organisational procedures, policies and professional codes of conduct in order to uphold standards of best practice
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- 4 GCSEs with A-C passes including Maths and English or equivalent qualification or experience demonstrating that level of numeracy and literacy
- General working knowledge of IT such as Word and Excel (or equivalent packages)
- Literacy and numeracy skills in order to understand complex written instructions describing tasks, type documents or take complex messages
- Ability to interpret information, such as service complaints, and then redirect them to the appropriate person to provide quick and accurate resolution
- Ability to plan over the short term in order to organise resource bookings, monitor stationery orderings and co-ordinate FOI requests
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Administrator - Lifelong Services
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.