- Pay Rate:
£11.00 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
30-37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
Re-opened: this opening assignment is for 3 months
Temporary Administrator - Crematorium
Job Ref: Guildford 5215336
Pay Rate: £11.00 per hour PAYE
Basic DBS required
The post is for 37 hours per week but 30-37 hours will be considered
The Team in the Crematorium Office require an experienced administrator to carry out a range of duties with limited supervision, which may involve written, telephone or face to face contact with the public or internal colleagues and the application of organisational procedures and systems.
Candidates must have good communication and data entry skills. They must be organised with attention to detail and be flexible.
- Undertake telephone and reception duties.
- Provide general support to the team including input of legal and medical papers, filing, record keeping, scanning, booking appointments.
- Process requests for webcasts and tributes and allocate finance.
- Communicate with coroner’s office, medical practice, and funeral directors to resolve issues with medical and legal papers and appointments.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Excellent communication skills with a customer facing/service background.
- Strong administrative and processing skills.
- Good organisational skills with the ability to take the initiative and prioritise workloads.
- A proactive and flexible approach to changing workloads and demands.
- Ability to work as part of a team and under your own initiative.
- Conscientious attitude and attention to detail.
- A good standard of numeracy and literacy.
- Strong IT skills using Microsoft packages including Excel.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Administrator - Crematorium
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.