- Pay Rate: £10.18 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week: 36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
- This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
- Ilford, 1G6 1NB
An Enhanced DBS is required.
An Operational Assistant is required to give reception support and carry out a range of administrative duties for the Team with limited supervision, which may involve written, telephone or face to face contact with the public or internal colleagues and the application of organisational procedures and systems. The post holder will ensure that client information, court orders and outcomes are recorded accurately on the case management system.
You will be expected to have good organisational skills and be able to use IT effectively in implementing tasks.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Your address (including post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Minimum of 12 months recent office administration experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Your Enhanced DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Degree level or equivalent e.g. NVQ level 4 &/or relevant experience.
- GCSE Grade A-C (or equivalent) in English Language and Mathematics.
- Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- A commitment to operate in a customer focussed environment
- Able to relate to, engage constructively with and deal with a wide range of people in person and by telephone.
- Ability to organise own workload to meet targets & deadlines.
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative.
- Self motivated, flexible & resourceful.
- A good general understanding of the role and function of Youth Offending Service.
- A basic understanding of the roles of partner agencies (e.g. Police, Health, Probation and the Council).
- Ability to work to tight and competing deadlines
- Accuracy with numbers, calculations and statistics
- Ability to handle highly confidential and/or sensitive information with appropriate discretion.
- Strong IT skills including standard software applications i.e. Intranet, Protocol, Microsoft Word, Excel and Access, PowerPoint, Outlook, Internet and Careworks.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience.
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
If you would prefer to send a CV straight to us rather than by way of an on-line application, you are very welcome to do so via firstname.lastname@example.org but please quote both the job reference and job title exactly as they appear below:
Temporary Administrator - Court orders & records YOTPS (IMMEDIATE START)
Anticipated Length of Assignment: Unless otherwise stated (we do carry the occasional permanent vacancy) all of our roles are technically temporary, though opening assignments can be and often are, extended by clients on a longer term basis and can sometimes become permanent.
Please do try to resist contacting us with requests for progress updates.
We really do read every CV sent to us. All applications will be acknowledged by a human, not a robot, provided the job remains live and provided your CV meets the “Essential Requirements” listed.
Please note that we do our level best to take down ads as soon as roles have been filled. We are not in the business of harvesting CVs.
Important: We will interpret your application as being permission to submit your CV to this role (with the right to represent you) unless you advise us to the contrary.
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.