- Pay Rate:
£9.37 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3-4 months
The role will require working from home at the present time and therefore a place where the candidate can work confidentially in the home is necessary along with internet accessibility.
Proven minute taking skills and experience are essential for this role.
To provide a comprehensive and effective administrative service to operational staff in Adult Social Care (ASC) Teams across the county. Enable the directorate to deliver integrated, customer focused services which improve outcomes for vulnerable adults by:
- Working co-operatively, as part of a team to provide efficient and effective secretarial and administrative support to directorate teams who may not work from one office
- Proactively liaising with colleagues to provide constant and consistent services, streamline practices, provide cross-service cover across the county and help prevent excessive workload peaks.
- Develop knowledge, skills and expertise in at least one designated service area(s) which will be the main focus of your service delivery
- The post holder is responsible for ensuring that all relevant County policies and procedures are adhered to and concerns are raised in accordance with these policies
Main Duties include:
- Act as a first point of contact for the service, taking initial information, some of a complex nature and redirecting enquiries appropriately. Dealing with all callers tactfully and in a friendly, helpful and calm manner
- Look up information from internal & external customers including intranet & internet and record messages in case notes onto LiquidLogic (LAS) and SharePoint to provide support to operational staff
- Process and respond promptly to incoming communications by telephone, voicemail, email and post, taking accurate messages and rerouting enquires to Duty Workers or Allocated Workers: copying and distributing information as necessary
- Contribute towards ensuring that Adult protection issues are speedily and accurately dealt with, taking & passing messages to relevant worker or team
- Minute taking for Strategy, Best Interest and Professionals meetings
- Manage incoming and outgoing emails into the team via Outlook Team Inbox and cover other team mailboxes as required
- Co-ordinate Outlook Team Calendars to ensure information is accurate and up to date at all times.
- Produce a range of documents including letters for post and emails to a good standard by the required deadlines.
- Use electronic and manual filing systems with due regard to security and confidentiality
- Action financial tasks within the team including e-procurement and receipting of goods. Procure and maintain stocks of required, e.g. information leaflets, forms and stationery
Provide support to designated teams: to include photocopying, word processing, creation and maintenance of Excel spreadsheets, Updating LAS and Transport Booking systems etc.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Maths and English GCSE Grade C or equivalent
- Evidence of ongoing training and development in relation to administration
- Minimum of 12 months recent office administration experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation
- Experience of working in a busy and demanding office environment
- Proven minute taking skills and experience
- Skills & Abilities:
- Methodical and organised approach to tasks with an eye for detail
- Ability to take accurate, clear and concise messages and pass to the appropriate person
- Able to work effectively alone and as a member of a team
- ICT Skills:
- Up-to-date working knowledge of MS Office, Office 365, Outlook, Word and Excel
- Ability to maintain electronic filing systems accurately and timely
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
If you would prefer to send a CV straight to us rather than by way of an on-line application, you are very welcome to do so via [email protected] but please quote both the job reference and job title exactly as they appear below:
Temporary Administrator - Adult Social Care
Anticipated Length of Assignment: Unless otherwise stated (we do carry the occasional permanent vacancy) all of our roles are technically temporary, though opening assignments can be and often are, extended by clients on a longer term basis and can sometimes become permanent.
Please do try to resist contacting us with requests for progress updates.
We really do read every CV sent to us. All applications will be acknowledged by a human, not a robot, provided the job remains live and provided your CV meets the “Essential Requirements” listed.
Please note that we do our level best to take down ads as soon as roles have been filled. We are not in the business of harvesting CVs.
Important: We will interpret your application as being permission to submit your CV to this role (with the right to represent you) unless you advise us to the contrary.
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.