- Pay Rate:
£12.03 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36, Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This assignment is for 1 month until further notice
- Enfield, London,
Temporary Administrator (Admin & Clerical)
Reference no: Enfield RQ582832
Basic DBS required for this role
An Administrator is needed to provide high quality and comprehensive administrative and/or finance support to the Catering Services within the resources department, ensuring that an effective, efficient and customer focused service is delivered within required timescales and in line with Corporate Policies.
- Support the day-to-day financial, clerical and administration functions to facilitate the smooth running of the team and provide an efficient and effective service.
- Maintain effective and efficient administrative and information management systems, using the appropriate means, to support the work of the department.
- Attend and provide administrative support to team meetings, taking notes and producing draft written records within agreed timescales.
- Use relevant databases, in the course of normal duties, to include data input, data interrogation as directed.
- Where required, to use the Council’s electronic procurement system (SRM) for the day-to-day provision of goods and services.
- Deal with straightforward customer enquiries and follow through to resolution, ensuring all stakeholders are updated and the adequate audit trails are in place.
- Ensure data and records are maintained in accordance with agreed standards and in keeping with the Data Protection/Freedom of Information regulations including the regular housekeeping of computerised and paper information following document management processes.
- Assist with the provision of an accessible customer care focused reception service, and when necessary, request assistance to manage the distress or difficult and challenging behaviour of callers.
- Provide a front line face-to-face/telephone service to customers, making suitable referrals to other service areas where appropriate and resolving enquiries to a high standard, ensuring high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Identify any difficulties visitors/service users may have in making an enquiry or receiving information, in order that suitable and sufficient methods of communication can be provided.
- Attend regular service meetings and, with colleagues, contribute ideas and make recommendations for improvements/changes in existing procedures, policies, and processes.
- Work as part of a project team and to assist in the delivery and completion of work projects, supporting different work streams, ensuring the successful completion of the project.
- Manage own performance effectively to meet goals and targets and work to required deadlines, adhering to Departmental and Council policies, procedures, and systems always.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
Experience, Skills, Knowledge / Technical skills:
- At least 2 years’ experience in an administrative role.
- Experience using databases.
- A good standard of numerical ability.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally & in writing to a wide range of people.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Good observation skills and an eye for detail.
- Interpersonal skills including writing, presentation and listening skills with the ability to be an effective negotiator.
- Report writing skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills .
- The ability to work independently learn quickly and be self-sufficient.
- Minute taking skills.
- Excellent Microsoft Office and IT skills and an ability to use the suite to a high standard.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Administrator (Admin & Clerical)
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.