- Pay Rate:
£13.63 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35-37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
- Enfield, London,
Temporary Administrator - Admin & Clerical
Reference no: Enfield RQ648320
Subject to BPSS requirement
Basic DBS disclosure required
The post holder will provide high quality and comprehensive administrative / PA and/or finance support to a team or service in relation to any of the functions undertaken, ensuring the delivery of an effective, efficient and customer focused service.
- Contribute to the delivery of an administrative/ secretarial / PA / financial / performance / management information function to ensure effective operation of the service.
- Maintain a wide knowledge of policies, procedures and statutory legislation and to regularly update that knowledge in order to give correct information and advice.
- Deal effectively with all contacts from a wide range of people, using tact and discretion, assessing needs and re-directing the enquiry where appropriate.
- Receive complaints, as appropriate to the service, with tact and sensitivity over the telephone and in person log and refer to other officers where appropriate.
- Organise meetings including the preparation of agendas, taking and circulating of minutes and prompting attendees for action items.
- Arrange service and external events to include selecting appropriate venues and facilities, liaising with facilitators and/or speakers on availability and requirements.
- Maintain up to date knowledge to ensure effective operation of IT packages and systems used within the service
- Assist with the quality checking and validation of statistical and performance / management information, and to produce a range of reports in a variety of formats for service, Council wide, National and/or statutory data returns.
- Follow the procedure for application and approval of licences and/or issue of contracts as appropriate to the service’s requirements
- Undertake a range of financial duties to include use of the Council’s electronic procurement system (SRM)/SAP as appropriate to the service.
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
Experience & Knowledge / Technical skills
- 3 GCSE's, Grades A-C, or equivalent including English and Mathematics
- 2 years previous experience in an administrative support and customer service
- Minute taking and report writing experience
Skills & Abilities
- Good standard of numerical ability
- Ability to prioritise and multitask
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability work as part of a broader team
- Intermediate computer software skills, including Excel and Accounting packages
- Flexible and adaptable
- Good Customer Service Skills
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Administrator - Admin & Clerical
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.