- Pay Rate:
£11.05 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
- Southwark, London,
Temporary Administrative Officer / Minute Taker
Job Ref: Southwark 5215424
Pay Rate: £11.05 per hour PAYE
Enhanced DBS required for this role
The Team requires an experienced administrator to carry out a range of duties with limited supervision, which may involve written, telephone or face to face contact with the public or internal colleagues and the application of organisational procedures and systems.
Candidates must be expert level in minute taking and have the ability to type fast and accurately.
Allocated tasks may include:
- Make contact by phone; compose correspondence and e-mails as part of the application of processes or in response to specific enquiries.
- Provide office support which may require the direction of others, dealing with incoming phone calls, meeting arrangements, data management – scanning, archiving, logging and distributing data, participating in reviews of processes and systems.
- Maintain various administrative related manual or electronic systems, including corporate IT systems, spreadsheets, databases, text files.
- Produce written and statistical reports, using Microsoft Office suite or other appropriate software.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Minimum of 12 months recent administrative experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Excellent minute taking skills and experience
- Experience organising and preparing for meetings.
- Literacy skills in order to compile management information, non-standard correspondence, minute and produce accurate records of meetings.
- Experience of composing documents related to the administration of meetings.
- Ability to type fast and accurately.
- Experience of organising workload, determining prioirities and meeting deadlines.
- Strong IT skills using Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Administrative Officer / Minute Taker
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.