- Pay Rate:
£10.60 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
26, Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 6 months
Temporary Administrative Officer
Reference no: Bath RQ676260
Pay Rate: £10.60 per hour PAYE
DBS required for this role (level TBC)
An Administrative Officer is needed to join the BANES AMHP Team to assist the AMHPs in fulfilling their statutory duties to carry out Mental Health Act assessments and associated duties.
- Provide word processing and other information technology support, including the effective presentation and layout of reports and information, the composition of letters when requested, the maintenance of data bases and presentation of statistical information.
- Act as the first and central point of contact for the service both by telephone and in person.
- Determine and/or act independently, the initial response to enquiries which may be of a confidential/volatile nature.
- Be respectful and responsive to enquiries and to take accurate messages, and to patiently assist those who may have difficulties in communicating.
- Respond appropriately to information and requests by colleagues and other agencies.
- Demonstrate IT skills and the use of IT systems to other staff within the team.
- Maintain staff diary/outlook and making appointments and other diary arrangements as requested.
- Support team members and managers in maintaining accurate files, distribution of reports and keep records as necessary.
- Arrange and attend complex meetings, take professional standard notes/minutes, word process and arrange distribution, in line with the legal framework which directs these meetings.
- Be proactive in arranging meetings as required, including date, venue, refreshments etc. and providing the relevant documentation.
- Proofread documents and amend typing, spelling, and grammatical errors as necessary.
- Develop and maintain information systems to input and retrieve management information as directed by the Manager.
- Proactively chase data and information and escalate as required.
- Undertake periodic data sorting exercises to ensure that LiquidLogic, team files, Agresso and other IT record systems are maintained in the optimum state.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
Experience, Skills, Knowledge / Technical skills:
- Previous experience in an administrative role.
- Experience of minute taking.
- Experience of diary management.
- Excellent IT skills, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Data entry skills.
- Effective communicator.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Ability to deal with customers who may be distressed or vulnerable.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Administrative Officer
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.