- Pay Rate:
£12.09 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36.25 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
Temporary Administrative Assistant x2
Job Ref: CLU RQ675372
Pay Rate: £12.09 per hour PAYE
The post holder will contribute to developing, maintaining and implementing effective and efficient administrative systems to support Inclusive Support provision. They will also provide a first point of contact for students and staff, working closely with Inclusive Support staff and wider teams to resolve issues and provide assistance
- Respond to, understand and use own initiative to solve customer support queries by telephone, email, or in person, and log information in a clear and accurate manner, escalating complex inclusive support queries to the appropriate staff or teams.
- Provide consistent and comprehensive support for the Inclusive Support Advisers/Officers and wider team, actively identifying issues where the Inclusive Support service could be improved and implement changes.
- Contribute to the administration, coordination and delivery of UCLan’s internal and external nonmedical helper service, including liaising with internal colleagues and external providers, responding to support enquires, providing guidance and assistance to service users.
- Assist in the collection and analysis of relevant management information from appropriate systems to aid implementation of operational and administrative processes and procedures.
- Assist with maintaining financial records (eg raising purchase orders etc) in an accurate and timely fashion and in line with UCLan financial regulations.
- Arrange and service meetings and ad hoc groups as required, including Disability Advisory Group, Disabled Student Forum and other meetings as appropriate.
- Contribute to the student facing elements of the service, maintaining a small caseload with support from an adviser, and contribute to the co-ordination and staffing of drop-in services, as appropriate.
- Assist in the planning, support and delivery of Inclusive Support initiatives and other key University events, including Applicant and Open Days, Welcome/Induction, Transition Events etc.
- Utilise appropriate I.T. systems including the student CRM system to provide appropriate administrative support, adapting processes as needed to facilitate service delivery.
- Demonstrate a flexible attitude, working in any area of the Inclusive Support section or the wider Service as required, to ensure the delivery of service priorities
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- A range of GCSEs, including English Language and Maths, or appropriate equivalent experiential learning
- Knowledge of disability support services in HE
- Awareness of confidentiality in relation to disability and within an educational context
- Significant recent administrative experience in a busy office environment
- Experience of organising, inputting and extracting data from a complex computerised student records systems and checking data integrity
- High level of organisational and communication skills
- Excellent IT skills: Word, Excel, internet
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff and students and other agencies in person, in writing and on the telephone
- Proven ability to work consistently under pressure, prioritise work and meet deadlines
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Administrative Assistant x2
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.