- Pay Rate:
£9.99 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35-37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 6 months
Temporary Administrative Assistant – School Places & Admissions
Job Ref: Durham 1003747313548026
The Team requires an experienced administrator to carry out a range of duties with limited supervision, which may involve written, telephone or face to face contact with the public or internal colleagues and the application of organisational procedures and systems. The postholder will be required to work flexibly within the School Places and Admissions Team to meet the demands placed on the team throughout the year and to contribute fully to the pupil place planning.
- Assist Officers with the administration of admission arrangements and Home to School Transport.
- Deal with the administration of school waiting lists and Appeals and the subsequent offer of school places.
- Make administrative arrangements, including appropriate notifications for children for whom alternative provision, following exclusions from school, is made required, and liaison with other specialist colleagues as appropriate.
- Directly dealing with educational establishments, including schools, and parents over the provision of information in relation to excluded pupils and, in conjunction with other specialist colleagues the establishment of new arrangements for children.
- Administration of individual pupils' admissions issues and liaison with parents, such as inter-authority transfers and pupil movements between schools In Year Transfers for Primary and Secondary age pupils.
- Providing administrative support, including specifically ensuring the maintenance of records in relation to provision for children excluded from school.
- Assisting with administration relating to School Attendance matters.
- Issue Fixed Penalty notices for poor school attendance and exclusion matters and keep accurate records associated with the task.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
Qualifications & Experience:
- Relevant NVQ3 or equivalent.
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Dealing with members of the public.
- Adhering to policies and procedures.
- Working to deadlines.
- Updating / maintaining databases.
- Excellent inter personal skills
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work collaboratively
- IT literate and proficient in the use of databases
- Knowledge of admissions and home to school / college transport policies and procedures
- Knowledge of recruitment and selection procedures.
- Knowledge of school attendance legislation, Fair Access Protocol and exclusion process.
- Synergy system experience.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temp Administrative Assistant – School Places & Admissions
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.