- Pay Rate:
£10.47 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36.25, Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
- Hyde, Tameside,
Temporary Administration Officer – CTO (Admin & Clerical)
Reference no: Manchester P 0006 8229 / 1
Pay Rate: £10.47 per hour PAYE
GMP Vetting required.
Office based role.
An Administration Officer is needed to provide an efficient postal and correspondence administration service to the Central Ticket Office (CTO).
- Open internal and external post. Evaluate correspondence and accurately scan to related electronic files.
- Handle cash, cheques, postal orders, driving licences and maintain records, accordingly, liaising with HMCTS to progress same.
- Distribute correspondence and internal post to the appropriate areas within the CTO.
- Manage outgoing post batches using electronic postal equipment ensuring all batch work volume is recorded and verified to enable outgoing post to be proven in court.
- Ensure all required correspondence is removed from batch prints before posting and passed to relevant staff/teams.
- Maintain records and associated filing.
- Ensure all outgoing post is managed in line with evidence assessors’ statement to retain consistency and proof of evidence and processes.
- Provide a messenger and mail service for the unit including collating/enveloping and processing mail, any mail audit requirements and taking mail to a central collection point ensuring all documentation required by mail services is ready for confirmation of collection.
- Able to use various office equipment e.g., printers, photocopiers and all postal and scanning equipment, dealing with the maintenance and fault reporting for all postal equipment.
- Manage all deliveries and stock/storerooms and assist with the removal of confidential and other waste from the unit.
- Assist with the allocation and distribution of Penalty Notices throughout the Force.
- Maintain stock and stores including a monthly audit, dealing with orders and general housekeeping of store/stock rooms.
- Deal with general telephone queries, visitors to the office, visitors requiring access to the Station and informing all relevant staff efficiently and professionally.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Worked in a similar administrative capacity including inputting/accessing/retrieving information and associated tasks.
- Experience of dealing with administrative and clerical routines.
- Experience of standard computer applications/Email.
- Experience of dealing with telephone enquires providing information and assistance.
- Capable of working with minimum supervision and using initiative e.g., dealing with queries, deliveries, changes to postal collection times.
- Able to communicate clearly with colleagues, team leaders and other personnel, both within and outside the organisation, in person, on the telephone or in writing.
- Able to work under pressure dealing accurately with high volume.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- GMP Vetting.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Administration Officer – CTO (Admin & Clerical)
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.