- Pay Rate:
£9.50 per hour PAYE/National Minimum Wage applies
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 1-2 months
Full Job Title: Temporary Administration Assistant x2 – Children's Social Care
Reference no: Portsmouth 5208125
Basic DBS disclosure required
This public facing role is located within the Early Help & Prevention Service.
A confident administrator is required who is comfortable working autonomously as a key holder, alongside a fantastic team.
The role entails elements of building administration such as room bookings on Outlook, and reporting repairs; as well as day-to-day customer service on the telephone and face-to-face, Excel tasks and our database. You must have a good understanding of GDPR due to the nature of the role.
Reporting to the south locality Business Support Officer, you will provide a pivotal role in the day-to-day running of the Family Hub. Within this front facing customer service role you will greet family hub users and professionals who have come to use the venue. You will ensure the smooth operation running of the 0-19 Early Help and Prevention Service's business processes within the Family Hub. Roles can vary greatly depending on the business needs relating to the Family Hub, however, the majority of tasks require high quality written and oral communication and a commitment to the continuous provision of high-quality customer care and the ability to multi-task and work well under pressure.
Specifics will include:
- Undertaking a range of administrative tasks relating to the efficient operation of the Family Hub premises. Which includes working autonomously facilitating the venue: key holding, room bookings, routine daily building checks and reporting repairs.
- Customer service - liaising with a range of Family Hub service users.
- Collate, present and distribute information, as required.
- Support the provision of information and advice to service users across all media formats.
- Dealing with telephone, email and face-to-face enquiries.
- Carrying out all necessary word processing, spreadsheets, database and presentation duties.
- Supporting the preparatory work required for routine audit and inspection processes.
- Expectation to undertake first aid training
- Entering data into service information and caseload systems and administering the collection and presentation of service performance information, as required.
- Cover for other Band 4 roles within the Early Help and Prevention Service, as required.
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience of working in an administrative role within a busy, public-facing office environment and ideally, experience of working in Children’s and/or Young People’s Services.
- A willingness and determination to help the wider Early Help and Prevention. Service to provide an effective service and support to children and families.
- A good awareness of GDPR and Safeguarding Issues.
- Experience of facilitating a building/venue.
- Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent numeracy and literacy skills.
- Excellent communication skills - the ability to converse at ease with customers and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post.
- A customer-focus (internal and external) and be able to demonstrate consistently high standards of customer care and customer service.
- The ability to resource and collate information.
- The ability to work flexibly to meet the requirements of the team and wider service.
- ICT Skills: A good working knowledge of Microsoft 365, including MS Teams, Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Other Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- *** Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- *** Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above – your CV must address the requirements listed
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temp Administration Assistant x2 – Children's Social Care
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.