- Pay Rate:
£10.01 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 4 months
Temporary Administration Assistant
Job Ref: RQ613224
A DBS disclosure is listed as a requirement for this role; however the level of disclosure has not been specified by the client.
To assist in providing a professional administrative, clerical and IT support service and to assist with the delivery of repairs and improvements undertaken by the team
- Maintain more complex data and record systems, identifying and obtaining missing information where necessary
- Transfer files electronically, including updating data, and preparing and sending files to other directorates through the secure web site
- Administer administrative procedures
- Undertake property related duties -- inventory recording and auditing, initiating repair and maintenance work etc.
- Draft replies to letters
- Timesheets and other personnel records administration
- Attend meetings, take and prepare minutes.
- Collection of statistical information
- Awareness of Data Protection issues, including data protection administration as required.
- To contribute to the planning, creation, development, implementation and operation of procedures and processes which allow effective liaison with external contractors.
- Collation of reports and data for senior managers for presentation at meetings
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- NVQ Level 3 or equivalent
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Previous experience in similar role
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Administration Assistant
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.