- Pay Rate:
£10.19 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35-37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 1 month
Temporary Administration Assistant
Job Ref: Northumberland 6208213724146
Enhanced DBS required for this role
2 days per week at Hexham Children's Centre and 2 days per week at Prudhoe Children's Centre
Assist with the organisation and provision of general support to senior colleagues by undertaking a wide range of administrative tasks. Contribute to the delivery of a high-quality and efficient administrative service
- Assist with the organisation of the work of a small group, team or staff, under clear guidance and supervision to achieve service objectives and quality standards
- Attend meetings taking accurate and comprehensive notes as required using a variety of recording and transcription methods
- Type meeting minutes, case supervisions, notes, and actions for subsequent uploading to various databases and issue once approved
- Prepare material for committees, working groups, team, and strategy meetings
- Enter data into spreadsheets, databases and other electronic information storage systems, extract and distribute information as directed whilst maintaining confidentiality in accordance with General Data Protection Regulations
- Monitor email accounts for Administration and Secure mailboxes. Sift enquiries, ensuring information and messages are relayed on time, and enquiries are appropriately re-directed for action
- Organise and set up meetings both internally and externally, issue invites, book rooms using MS Outlook, MS Teams, telephone, etc
- Provide reception duties, acting as first point of contact by phone or in person to staff, members of the public, visitors, service users and clients
- Produce job sheets, rotas, Genograms, format reports
- Handling cheques and small amounts of petty cash, and the processing of invoices
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- NVQ Level 2 or equivalent in a business-related discipline
- Previous experience in a similar role covering a broad range of support tasks and procedures
- Experience in using Microsoft Office applications and Microsoft Teams
- Good interpersonal skills and organisational skills
- Ability to plan and prioritise work whilst working to deadlines
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Administration Assistant
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.