- Pay Rate:
£9.99 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2 months
Temporary Admin Business Support Officer - Admin
Reference no: Lancashire RQ637680
A full time Business Support Officer needed for Education & Children's Services, Fostering Service Department.
This role is office based twice a week and the rest of the week from home. The candidate will need broadband and WIFI access at home but you will be provided with ICT equipment to be able to work from home.
Post holders will be expected to:
- To provide direct business support for Education and Children's Services working closely with operational staff, managers and customers in a highly sensitive environment
- Under supervision maintain, update and extract information from systems
- Assisting with the collection and collation of information relevant to the Service
- Respond to, and resolve where appropriate, telephone, face to face, e-mail and other enquiries.
- Providing business support for meetings, which could include arranging dates, room bookings and preparing agendas, or note taking
- Assisting with duties in relation to ordering goods, invoices and payments as appropriate
- Assisting with the collection and collation of statistics, data or other Management Information
- Respond to enquiries and resolve where appropriate which could be received via telephone, face-to-face, email and other
- Managing your own workload in order to meet required deadlines with supervision as required
- Maintaining electronic records and filing systems
- Liaising with external and internal customers
- Printing and scanning documents
- Handling incoming and outgoing communication
- Undertake other similar duties/responsibilities as required and appropriate to the grade
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- 4 GCSE's A-C or 4-9 including English and Maths or equivalent academic qualification
- Experience of supporting people/customers either face to face or virtually
- Business Support experience, including regular use of IT systems and office routines which may include mail, filing, telephone communication and message taking
- Support for meetings which could include arranging dates, room bookings and preparation of agendas, note taking and any other related tasks
- Experience of following a system to process orders, invoices and financial records
- Using an electronic records/database system
Essential knowledge, skills & abilities
- Knowledge of IT systems including Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently as required
- Ability to use your own initiative
- Good organisational skills
- Excellent communications skills
- Ability to respect sensitivity and maintain confidentiality of information
- Ability to provide business support including note taking at meetings
- Ability to maintain filing systems
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Admin Business Support Officer - Admin
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.