- Pay Rate:
£10.60 per hour PAYE/National Minimum Wage applies
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 1-2 months
Full Job Title: Temporary Administrator – Business Grants & Rates Relief
Reference no: Mid Devon 5206433
Minute taking skills and experience are essential for this role
Administration and processing of:
- Applications for Omicron HL Grant Scheme
- Applications for Additional Restrictions Grants
- Applications for COVID-19 Additional Relief Fund
- Applications for the Retail, Hospitality and Leisure Relief Scheme
Creating files to enable payment of grants as shown above
Applying approved relief amounts on to the Business Rates System
Inputting application data on respective databases and systems and maintaining data records to enable delta returns to be completed quickly and on time
Contacting applicants in relation to the above schemes and to discuss evidence required for applications; this could be by telephone or email
Handling enquiries from businesses regarding the above schemes
Attend meetings as required in which the taking of minutes may be required.
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Qualifications, Knowledge & Experience:
- 5 GCSE or equivalent passes, including Maths and English.
- Proven ability to take and transcribe detailed and accurate meeting minutes.
- Experience in working with Computer imputing.
- Experience of working in a customer focussed environment
- Experience in handling sensitive and confidential data
- Knowledge of the Data Protection
- Administration of detailed applications
- Experience of providing budgeting advice/support
- ICT Skills: Competent in the use of MS Office and software packages, including interrogation, analysis and reporting of data
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Other Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above – your CV must address the requirements listed
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- *** Knowledge of Local Authority finance and Council Tax/NNDR
- *** Council Tax/NNDR legislation
- *** Competent and confident in the use of Facebook and Twitter
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Administrator – Business Grants & Rates Relief
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.