- Pay Rate:
£ 9.50 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35-37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
Temporary Admin Assistant- Admin & Clerical
Reference no: Bracknell Forest RQ639305
The post holder will provide administrative assistance to the Disabled Facilities Grants (DFG) service.
- Provide administrative assistance and support as required, including maintaining all appropriate records, preparing letters, attendance at meetings, minute taking, organising meetings etc.
- Utilise appropriate IT packages to record, update, collate, analyse and present information and data, to establish, monitor and maintain accurate information and appropriate control systems.
- Check final accounts and defects liability and advise clients on payment as appropriate, processing invoices and the preparation of necessary documents to assist in budgetary control, as necessary to meet the duties and responsibilities of the post and in accordance with level of skill and knowledge.
- Deal with correspondence and enquiries from clients, contractors, colleagues and/or their representatives, establishing and maintaining good working relationships within the post holder's responsibilities.
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
Experience & Knowledge / Technical skills
- 3 GCSE's, Grades A-C, or equivalent including English and Mathematics
- Experience of providing administrative support and excellent customer service, whilst working flexibly as part of a team and with minimal supervision
- Minute taking experience
Skills & Abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally & in writing to a wide range of people
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work as part of a team or under own direction
- Excellent attention to detail
- Flexible and adaptable
- Good Customer Service Skills
- Good IT Skills
- Good Organisational Skills
- Previous experience in similar role
- Ability to be flexible, creative, and self-motivated.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Admin Assistant- Admin & Clerical
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.