- Pay Rate:
£15.59 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35-37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2 months
- NEWCASTLE UPON TYNE,
Job Ref: 6767813511527
To provide advice, guidance and challenge to directors, heads of service, budget managers and other clients to enable them to achieve their business objectives whilst effectively controlling and managing the resources for which they are responsible
- To work with and advise directors, heads of service, budget managers and other clients to prepare revenue budgets.
- To prepare revenue and capital monitoring information for directors, heads of service, budget managers and other clients, respond to any queries raised and provide advice where necessary.
- To work with and advise directors, heads of service, budget managers and other clients to finalise the revenue and capital outturn position, including maximising income from external sources, and contributing to the production of the statutory accounts (including preparing working papers for external audit).
- To provide advice, guidance and challenge to directors, heads of service, budget managers and other clients to assist them to fulfil their responsibilities under the Council’s financial regulations.
- To develop, review and maintain accounting records and financial systems.
- To provide support and advice to finance and non-finance staff on the Council’s key financial systems and controls, including relevant training as required.
- To undertake specified treasury management activities. Y:Job EvaluationDIT Forms Phase 2 JEDIT Forms CXOHH320.doc/Page 2 of 2
- To prepare, monitor and advise on the Council’s capital programme in line with corporate and directorate information requirements.
- To complete government returns and claims, and prepare working papers for external audit.
- To provide financial support and advice to corporate and directorate projects as required, including the preparation of business cases and business plans
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Extensive knowledge and experience of financial systems
- Experience of preparing and monitoring revenue and/or capital budgets – e.g. Undertaking variance analysis, costing of staffing structures, assessing the one-off and recurring revenue implications of capital and other projects
- Experience of providing written and verbal advice and guidance on financial matters to budget managers
- Experience of providing support and guidance to finance and non-finance staff on financial systems and controls
- Good interpersonal skills and confidence relating to colleagues, clients and suppliers
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to work alone or as part of a team
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.