- Pay Rate:
£18.00 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2 months
- Camden, London,
Temporary Accountancy Officer – Housing
Reference no: Camden RQ614938
A DBS disclosure is listed as a requirement for this role; however the level of disclosure has not been specified by the client.
The purpose of the role is to carry out account administration duties on behalf of the Council. Tasks will include setting up sundry accounts for residents moving into Temporary Accommodation, processing refunds, arranging balance transfers and providing solutions for queries from residents and internal customers by phone, email and post.
- Setting up tenancy starts for residents and non-residents.
- Processing refunds.
- Arranging balance transfers.
- Processing claims for compensation of charges.
- Liaising with the Council’s insurance brokers for the tenant’s contents insurance scheme, forwarding applications, resolving queries and provide appropriate advice and information on insurance acceptance and claims and any other duties relating to insurance.
- Answering queries from residents by phone and email relating to their rent account
- Ensure that tenant’s correspondence is dealt with in accordance with the Councils timescales.
- Assist with training of new staff and assist with system development and testing as required.
- Process financial information in an accurate and timely way.
- Identifying and chasing gaps in information where appropriate
- Maintaining systems with accurate data.
- Maintaining good relationships between the Council and residents, and with colleagues in other teams.
- Attend meetings and support other teams to improve service delivery.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
***Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Knowledge of Northgate or other relevant computer systems or a willingness to learn.
- Ability to communicate financial information verbally and in writing to residents and colleagues in other teams.
- Ability to deal confidently with Budget Holders.
- Knowledge of financial control frameworks within large IT systems.
- Ability to work as part of a small team.
- Willingness to answer resident phone calls while trying to progress tasks as per the rota.
- ICT Skills: Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- *** Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Accountancy Admin Officer – Housing
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.