- Pay Rate:
£16.52 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
- Islington, London,
Temporary Support Officer / Administrator – Transport Strategy
Job Ref: Islington RQ683517
Pay Rate: £16.52 per hour PAYE
Candidates must be prepared to work outside office hours to or attend meetings when required.
To provide administrative support for the Transport Strategy Team. The role will include writing reports and responding to correspondence, arranging and attending meetings, liaising with colleagues and stakeholders, carrying out data analysis, updating the web site, and leading or helping with a variety of projects within the team.
Candidates must have good communication skills and to be able to work independently, creatively and constructively within a team, with other parts of the council and partner organisations. A crucial part of this role will be your ability to work positively with colleagues and stakeholders, as well as an understanding of the challenges facing local government, particularly in relation to the environment.
- Respond to correspondence, ensuring Council deadlines are met and ensuring that the team is represented accurately in all forms of communication.
- Maintain a relationship between the council and external organisations, including car club providers and electric vehicle charge point operators.
- Develop, maintain an interpret operational data to monitor and inform the operation of car clubs and electric vehicle charging networks.
- Produce high quality reports and written advice and disseminate this information when required.
- Ensure that internet pages are up to date and continuously improved as directed.
- Manage the arrangements of meetings, producing and distributing minutes.
- Assist with the preparation of Committee Reports and statistics and act as a representative at public, officer and Member meetings, working parties and committee as required.
- Deal with all correspondence and enquiries including drafting replies to Members and MP’s enquiries as assigned.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Qualification in spatial planning, transport planning; urban design; property; regeneration; economic development; or a related discipline to degree level or equivalent experience.
- Proven professional, office or administrative experience in a complex organisation.
- Possess good verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate complex issues to a broad range of audiences.
- Minute taking skills and experience.
- Experience in writing correspondence, including publicity material and to present information and advice clearly and concisely.
- Ability to prioritise own workload, under pressure and within tight schedules.
- Understanding of the challenges facing local government, particularly in relation to the environment.
- Demonstrate strong English and mathematical abilities.
- Strong IT skills for word processing, spreadsheets, presentation packages and databases.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temp Transport Planning Support Officer / Administrator
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.