- Pay Rate:
£13.39 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
Full Job Title: Temporary Technical Admin Support Officer – Corporate Business Support
Reference no: Hillingdon RQ601212
Currently a Hybrid Role with 3 days in the office and 2 days from home although this could be subject to change based on the service needs.
Delivery of complex technical and core administrative support to teams, meeting performance targets and embedding a culture of “Putting our residents first” where continuous service improvement is maintained.
- Responsible for delivering complex, routine, and emergency tasks against the technical administrative standards to ensure consistency in maintaining service delivery
- Deliver a skilled and flexible technical administration support service across the directorates, and to react to peaks and troughs of work in any council location as required
- To work as part of a multi-disciplinary team responsible for meeting tight deadlines and committed to high standards of customer care
- Maintain an understanding of the operational workflow processes and linkage with the technical administrative support services
- Prioritise tasks assigned and escalating any gaps in resourcing to Technical Support Supervisor/Technical Support Co-Ordinator
- Escalate any operational issues to Technical Support Supervisor / Technical Support Co-Ordinator and/or operational Service Manager
- Ability to learn complex and specialised administrative tasks in a short space of time to meet changing service requirements including changes to legislation that would impact on the service
- To provide comprehensive and high quality technical specialist services administrative support to individual, and at times, various services, across the Council
- To show flexibility in adapting to delivery of different functions at a variety of locations, to meet varying demands
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Minimum 5 GCSE level pass including maths and English, or equivalent
- Experience of supporting a multi-disciplinary teams with comprehensive technical administration services (including meeting arrangements, minute taking, and database/system administration)
- Experience of prioritising high volumes of work effectively and accurately, and to deal with routine matters on own initiative within deadlines
- Experience of developing and maintaining good working relationships with clients, senior colleagues and Members of the Council.
- Experience of dealing sensitively with members of the public in a variety of situations
- Experience in managing high volumes of work effectively and accurately, and to deal with routine matters on own initiative within deadlines.
- Understanding of Business Improvement (BID) and its implications for the wider team
- ICT Skills:
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite)
- Ability to use financial systems i.e. Oracle
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Other Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Other Work-Related Requirements: Prepared to work flexibly to meet the needs of the service, including with other teams and other geographical locations, as and when required.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above – your CV must address the requirements listed
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temp Technical Admin Officer – Corporate Business Support
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.