- Pay Rate:
£9.50 per hour PAYE/National Minimum Wage applies
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2 months
Temporary Support Officer / Administrator – Waste Management Team
Job Ref: Derby RQ638457
To provide a comprehensive administrative support for the Waste Management Section, which is responsible for refuse and recycling collections, waste treatment and disposal and associated promotional activities. The post holder will provide a “back office” function for the Waste Management Section, managing customer enquiries, service requests and complaints.
- Provide comprehensive support to the frontline services by the provision of an effective and efficient administration service - in particular, the production of a range of paperwork/jobsheets.
- Carry out general administration duties including but not limited to the processing of missed bins, waste transfer notes, trade agreements, provision of wheeled bins, bulky waste collections, correspondence and raising and issuing of work instructions etc.
- Liaise with staff to monitor, progress and resolve customer enquiries and complaints recorded in the Customer Relationship Manager (CRM) system (Lagan).
- rcord all actions and develop history in Lagan of action taken in line with procedures, timescales and instructions.
- Accurately maintain and build records within Waste Management’s bespoke database in relation to round data, exemptions, crew information, bin inventory etc.
- Communicate and liaise with operational teams/individuals requesting rectifications or ad-hoc work be carried out, relaying service information and collecting reports back from crews.
- Prepare responses to queries and complaints from members of the public by letter and email.
- Prepare and submit management information on the section’s activities including maintaining, extracting and analysing data, collating statistics and compiling reports (using both manual and computer-based systems).
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Experience of Waste Management/working in an operational environment (desirable).
- Lagan experience (desirable).
- Experience of using Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems and managing customers’ cases.
- Experience of progressing customer requests for service, queries and complaints through to resolution.
- Good communication skills – ability to produce well written letters and emails.
- Ability to discuss information courteously with customers over the phone, occasionally in difficult circumstances
- Experience of accurately updating and maintaining Microsoft Access databases
- Experience of finance systems – processing orders and invoicing.
- Ability to produce simple management reports – carrying out research and collating and displaying data appropriately
- Minute taking skills and experience.
- Strong IT skills using Microsoft packages using Outlook and Excel.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temp Support Officer / Administrator – Waste Management Team
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.