- Pay Rate:
up to £16.00 per hour PAYE, depending on experience
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
Temporary Specialist Minute Takers / Admin x3 – Child Protection, Social Care
Job Ref: Bradford 5198171
WFH but required to attend offices for at least 2 days during induction period
Enhanced DBS required for this role
This role requires an experienced touch typist who can summarise child protection meetings without missing important information. The meetings can be up to 3 hours long. Induction training will be given (2-3 weeks) and the candidate will be shadowed initially.
- Take and produce clear, relevant and accurate records of decisions and recommendations, and minutes of complex child protection meetings, within preset timescales and deadlines.
- Circulate, via agreed secure electronic methods, decisions and recommendations, and minutes of child protection meetings within preset timescales and deadlines.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of and apply complex internal processes and procedures in relation to the administration of Child Protection Case Conference and Review meetings.
- Record and maintain accurate and up to date information on the ICS database.
- Identify, raise and assist in resolving data issues and blockages on ICS as necessary.
- Record and update case information on a range of workflow spreadsheets, used to track the progress of cases throughout the system and identify, raise and resolve, issues around missing data, incorrect data or missed deadlines as necessary
- Input, interrogate and extract information from a range of specialist databases and spreadsheets, including ICS, Probase and Viewpoint, acting in accordance with Data Protection Act principles and maintaining confidentiality at all times.
- Maintain and apply an up-to-date knowledge and understanding of systems and protocols relating to child protection issues.
- Liaise with professional colleagues and members of multi-agency groups to obtain detailed and accurate information, essential to the meeting and decision-making processes.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
Qualifications & Experience:
- Minimum RSA Stage 2 Typing or Word processing OR NVQ Level 2 in Business & Admin.
- NVQ Level 3 in Business Admin or equivalent.
- Working in an administrative setting for a minimum period of 3 years.
- Experience taking formal written minutes, on a regular basis.
- Experienced touch typist.
- Child Protection experience (desirable).
- Experience of specialist databases and spreadsheets, including ICS, Probase and Viewpoint (desirable).
- Able to carry out a variety of working practices and apply complex regulations, rules, procedures and processes, within pre-set timescales.
- Able to demonstrate excellent written skills and draft documents in a logical and accurate manner.
- Able to deal with and accurately record sensitive information relating to children which may be distressing and/or disturbing.
- Able to work on own initiative and manage the competing demands by effective self management, motivation and prioritisation.
- Demonstrate ability to work with a high degree of accuracy across a range of activities and tasks relating to Child Protection Case Conference and Review meetings and associated work
- Able to identify, extract and summarise key information provided in meetings in the form of minutes, records etc.
- Strong IT skills using word and extensive experience of using Excel spreadsheets and databases.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temp Specialist Minute Takers / Admin x3 – Child Protection
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.