- Pay Rate:
£12.47 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
25 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 1-2 months
- Wembley, London,
Temp PT Customer Service Officer/Admin x 2 – Transport Services
Reference no: Brent 5212330
The purpose of the role is to be a member of the Brent Transport Team responsible for providing effective and efficient customer service to passengers and clients of the Brent Transport Service, and manage all aspects of allocated transport routes as directed by the Transport Service Manager.
- Record and process all transport related requests received from both internal or external customers or clients.
- Respond effectively to all service-related enquiries from customers, clients, parents, carers, council staff – including members and private and/or voluntary organisations.
- Promptly action all transport orders received by the service and to book approved transport requests as per council procedures thereby ensuring that all internal and external customers, passengers or clients are in receipt of the required service.
- Manage transport arrangements for any allocated schools or centres as directed by the Transport Service Manager.
- Where required, to arrange taxi routes through the taxi transport framework ensuring best price and value for money is achieved during the bidding process. As part of this process, to make decisions as to which provider the routes will be awarded to and to thereafter ensure all information is properly processed and recorded to ensure continuity of service is maintained.
- Notify drivers or passenger attendants of any route changes through agreed processes including the issue and re-issue of schedules due to revisions or changes in customer information.
- Monitor and assess feedback and information from staff on transport with regard to client needs or potential safeguarding concerns and to work closely with the Transport Service Manager or other colleagues / representatives to ensure appropriate actions are taken.
- Receive and record complaints and where appropriate to deal with simple complaints sympathetically and in accordance with procedures. This includes making an intital assessment of the complaint, attempting to resolve it if it is straightforward or making the decision to refer more complex complaints to the Transport Service Manager.
- Assist the Transport Service Manager in preparing quotes and subsequent arrangements for ad hoc transport services including, school excursions, swimming etc.
- Accurately input and/or extract transport data on council systems including passenger / customer / client route information, daily updates etc.
- Regularly liaise where appropriate with members of the support and/or finance team regarding any transport costs, changes in prices, cancellations and invoice reconciliations.
- Ensure all activities, processes, tasks etc. are applied in accordance with transport and / or other council policies.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Educated to a minimum secondary level or higher.
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Experience of having worked in an operational environment where transport was a key element (either wholly or in part) of the operation.
- Experience creating and managing schedules and / or transport routes.
- Experience of basic procurement or commissioning of services
- Experience of working in an environment where safeguarding of vulnerable adults or children is a significant element of the operation.
- Experience of working in a high pressure environment with high demand and tight deadlines
- Experience of data capture and/or working with customer management databases.
- Customer service experience is essential as is the ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Welfare or benefits experience that would be desirable.
Skills & Knowledge:
- Knowledge of local authority structures and processes.
- Knowledge of the basic principles of safeguarding as well as working with people with special needs.
- Working knowledge of health and safety legislation particularly in relation to looking after people with special needs and transport provision.
- ICT Skills: Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temp PT Customer Service Officer/Admin –Transport Services
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.