- Pay Rate:
£11.96 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
22.2, Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 5 months
Temp PA Head of Information, Technology & Digital (Admin & Clerical)
Reference no: S Gloucestershire RQ674122
Pay Rate: £11.96 per hour PAYE
A Personal Assistant is needed to act as the first point of contact for all enquiries relating to Heads of Service actively managing diary appointments, emails, general phone calls and paperwork.
- Liaising with internal and external partners of all levels daily on the behalf of the Heads of Service including contact with members and colleagues from different departments and organisations.
- Work without close supervision in a flexible, outcomes-based manner using mobile technology to work remotely.
- Exercise strict confidentiality dealing with sensitive matters including using systems to log relevant information.
- Draft and send communications on the behalf of Head of Services as required, using strong IT and literacy skills, take minutes for meetings as appropriate.
- Assist the Head of Service and team managers with the collation and organisation of service information on personnel, plans, processes, and performance.
- Provide all other PA support services to the Heads of Service as required, remaining flexible and responsive daily.
- Maintain and update information systems and databases to ensure that service transactions are completed accurately.
- Provide advice to customers, contacts, external organisations, and colleagues ensuring that they receive appropriate guidance about policies, procedures and processes whilst ensuring effective working relationships are maintained.
- Carry out research; collate data and present information within your area of service specialism.
- Ownership is taken for responding to queries, complaints, and requests from initial contact with the customer.
- Provide a wide and varied range of administrative tasks to assigned projects ensuring written reports are compiled, support is provided, and records are accurate which will help to inform decision making.
- Accurately and efficiently record, monitor, and maintain budgets/financial information/resources.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Relevant experience in organisation and administration across a range of different disciplines and skills.
- Experience of working as a PA to a senior manager.
- Some local government knowledge and experience (desirable).
- Experience of collaborations tools such as Skype, Teams, Planner, and yammer, working on single documents with colleagues and more generally use of the Web, search, e-commerce, CRM, information dashboards and analytics (desirable).
- National vocational qualification (level 3) administrative or equivalent.
- Minimum of 50 wpm typing.
- IT knowledge and its practical application, including experience of using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Flexible and resilient with good attention to detail, organisational skills, and the ability to work on own initiative to tight deadlines and manage multiple priorities.
- Excellent minute taking skills.
- Good literacy skills including written and verbal communication skills with the ability to collate and communicate information effectively with colleagues, members, and other parties at all levels.
- Forward thinking and have good planning, preparation, and task management skills to assist with diary management and meeting requirements.
- Good influencing skills, with the ability to negotiate with people from a range of different backgrounds to achieve a desired result.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temp PA Head of Information, Technology & Digital
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.