- Pay Rate:
£12.17 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35-37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
Temporary Neighbourhood Housing Officer x4
Job Ref: Gateshead 1000547213400633
Candidates must hold a full driving licence and means of transport to travel around designated patch
To deliver a comprehensive, customer focused and responsive tenancy and estate management service to sustain tenancies. To support tenants and help to create safe and clean sustainable neighbourhoods.
Candidates will have a designated patch up to 600 homes. They will be knocking on customers doors approaching difficult conversations (ASB, welfare concerns). Candidates must be confident to handle difficult conversations and pressure from customers. They will be lone working. The ideal candidate will have experience in face to face challenging customer roles, someone who has worked within social, debt, community roles previously. Newly graduated candidates would be considered who have a social science or similar degree. The roles could lead to ongoing if not permanent for the right candidates.
Key responsibilities (there are 4 positions available and each person will only be carrying out a small section of the role):
- Proactively manage a cross tenure patch of properties, including properties managed on behalf of other landlords, providing customer focussed services in line with the company’s service standards and values.
- Key local contact for tenants, providing appropriate support and early intervention to sustain tenancies and maximise income.
- Work with vulnerable tenants, making appropriate referrals and liaising with partners and services to develop and monitor support plans.
- Carry out a range of visits to ensure tenancies are sustained and properties are kept in good condition.
- Provide customers with appropriate housing advice and where necessary carry out home visits to assist the rehousing process; this includes visits to approve mutual exchanges and registration of transfers.
- Proactively manage and investigate reports of nuisance and ASB to prevent escalation and take appropriate action in each case, working in partnership with other services and agencies to seek a positive resolution.
- Undertake reviews of fixed term and introductory tenancies.
- Provide a responsive estate management service to ensure a clean, safe and sustainable environment, reporting and tackling environmental issues daily.
- Carry out scheduled inspections to support and compliment the daily identification of issues on estates and communal areas.
- Liaise with customers, other services, councillors and a range of partners, on occasion this will mean working outside of normal working hours.
- Support other company services and where appropriate to contact tenants or gain access to homes to minimise repairing and other costs and maximise income in line with the Company’s priorities.
- Promote range of customer involvement opportunities and undertake appropriate consultation exercises around the delivery of housing management services.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
Desirable Knowledge & Experience:
- Professional Housing qualification.
- Experience of property management.
- Experience of estate management.
- Experience of tenancy management.
- Knowledge of housing related legislation.
- Knowledge of Welfare reform.
- Knowledge of value for money principles.
- Experience of Housing related software packages and mobile working i.e. Northgate.
Essential Knowledge & Experience:
- Knowledge of housing and social care issues.
- Experience of dealing with potentially difficult situations.
- Experience of providing support to vulnerable customers.
- Experience of effective negotiation and communication skills both verbal and written.
- Experience of effective partnership working.
- Experience of working under pressure, meeting targets and deadlines.
- Effective ICT skills – including working knowledge of the Microsoft office packages.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Full Driving licence or means to meet travel requirements of the role.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temp Neighbourhood Housing Officer x4 - Estate Management
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.