- Pay Rate:
£10.38 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35-37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2 months
- South Shields,
Temporary Invoice Management Officer (Band 4) – Procurement
Job Ref: South Tyneside 1004504313734982
BPSS to be completed upon offer
Office-based: core business hours are 08:30 – 17:00 Monday – Friday and 08:30 – 16:30 on a Friday
Working as part of the Procurement Team, you will be responsible for the completion of a range of Invoice Management functions, ensuring the delivery of an efficient service for both internal and external customers.
- Input supplier invoices accurately and efficiently using the Council’s ERP and Social Care payments systems, in accordance with audit requirements.
- Resolve any invoice queries to ensure payments are made on time, to agreed terms and in support of relevant KPI’s.
- Facilitate the upload of payment schedules into the Council’s ERP system and review outputs to ensure accuracy.
- Identify, prioritise and resolve queries relating to Procurement Initiatives ie Supplier Incentive Programme.
- Support with the scanning and indexing of supplier invoices.
- Ensure that Remittance Advice Notes or other key documents required for accounting purposes are communicated to suppliers within agreed timescales.
- Generate reports to support the Corporate Procurement Service as and when required.
- Deal with incoming telephone calls, emails and other forms of correspondence received into the department.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- RSA II Word Processing.
- ECDL/CLAIT or equivalent.
Experience & Knowledge:
- Experience working alone, using initiative to resolve issues and working within a team environment.
- Experience of dealing with people both face to face and on the telephone.
- Excellent attention to detail, with the ability to input data accurately.
- Able to deal with sensitive and confidential information in a professional manner and maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Able to communicate and interact with a wide range of people.
- Strong IT skills using Microsoft packages including Excel.
- Experience working within an invoice management, payment processing or accounts team.
- Experience in the use of Oracle or other systems used to facilitate the PO, payment or sourcing process.
- Experience inputting large volumes of data accurately.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temp Invoice Management Officer / Admin x2 – Procurement
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.