- Pay Rate:
£15.17 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2 months
Full Job Title: Temporary Compliance & Monitoring Admin Officer – Private Housing
Reference no: Enfield RQ604626
Basic DBS disclosure required
The Compliance and Monitoring Officer (CMO) will be responsible for ensuring all properties have all statutory certificates and licences. The CMO will be expected to liaise with contractors, tenants and freeholders to arrange the testing and inspections required to ensure properties within the portfolios meet all statutory obligations and local property licencing conditions.
The CMO’s principal areas of responsibility are initially anticipated to be as follows but additional areas may be added/replaced over time and the list should not be considered exhaustive:
- Electrical Safety Testing
- Gas Safety Testing
- PAT Testing
- Fire Safety Testing
- Property Inspections
- Renewing landlord heating maintenance contracts
- Renewal of EPCs
- Water safety testing
- Asbestos surveys
- Obtaining and renewing landlord licences
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Minimum of 12 months recent office administration experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation
- Experience of working in a commercial environment and delivering against demanding targets
- Experience of managing relationships with key internal and external stakeholders at varying levels of seniority
- Experience of performance reporting
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong understanding of property management and the compliance requirements for residential lets
- ICT Skills: Strong IT skills including good Excel skills with experience of maintaining and analysing large data sets
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Other Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- *** Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- *** Other Work-Related Requirements: The successful candidate may be required to attend evening meetings as and when required. Advance notice of evening meetings will be provided where possible but cannot always be guaranteed.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above – your CV must address the requirements listed
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- *** Understanding of the Enfield property market
- *** Understanding and experience of local authority owned companies local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temp Compliance & Monitoring Admin Officer – Private Housing
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.