- Pay Rate:
£13.71 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35-37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 8 months
Temp Commissioning Support Officer x 2
Reference no: Gloucestershire 1004040513612997
Predominantly office based although some work from home allowed
The purpose of the role is to deliver an efficient and customer focused service, by processing and responding to incoming applications by processing applications, data, and communicating information and advice where necessary.
- Undertaking general clerical and administrative tasks to support the service as required.
- Linking in daily with the County Hub and sharing trends, data, pressures that are being faced.
- Triaging applications via emails and the online system. Ensuring an accurate, confidential, and effective service by maintaining up-to-date filing systems (electronically), and security of information in accordance with the policies and procedures of the County Council and relevant legislation.
- Having conversations with households regarding the pressures they are facing and understanding their needs, processing applications and making decisions on what will help households with the difficulties they are facing. This will include challenging phone calls, where it may involve de-escalation and signposting households to appropriate support.
- Working with partners and trusted organisations, completing sign ups so that trusted organisations can make awards and deliver training to those who are new to making direct grants.
- Working as a team to support complex cases and problem solve to provide an outcome.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
***Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
ICT Skills: Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temp Commissioning Support Admin Officer x 2
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.