- Pay Rate:
£10.63 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 4 months
Temporary Business Support Officer /Administration Assistant – Children’s Social Care
Job Ref: Portsmouth 5208012
Basic DBS required for this role
To provide high quality administrative Business Support within Fostering Team. The Fostering Team recruit new foster carers and provide ongoing support to existing foster carers. The role plays a vital part in the Business Support Administrative functions to ensure the smooth-running of business processes. Most of the work involves both written and oral communication to provide high quality customer care and towards the production of accurate and professional records, as well as the ability to multi-task and work well under pressure.
- Minute taking at meetings/workshops/partnership meetings/Mockingbird meetings, Panel meetings often of a sensitive and/or confidential nature.
- Support the Service Manager with preparation for Ofsted inspections.
- Enter data into service information and caseload systems.
- Administering the collection and presentation of service performance information
- Deal with telephone, email and face-to-face enquiries.
- Facilitate a workflow for placing orders for goods and services and co-ordinating the payment of invoices.
- Book appointments and arrange meetings
- Providing administrative support for training courses/events/conferences.
- Maintain files and documentation.
- Print of reports for meetings.
- Carry out all necessary word processing, spreadsheets, database and presentation duties.
- Deal with all correspondence, including confidential information, and sorting post.
- Draft correspondence to standard enquiries
- Order stationery.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Strong administrative skills with experience of working in an administrative/customer focused role.
- Experience working in Children and Families Services (desirable).
- Ability to take detailed complex minutes.
- Experience of diary management.
- Ability to source and collate information to maintain accurate statistical records.
- Excellent telephone, and face to face communication skills to be able to deal with a very wide range of callers.
- Be a good listener as you will need to get the right information from a caller in order to put them in touch with the right people in the office and an awareness of sensitive issues when dealing with service users.
- Have empathy for others as you will be dealing with some difficult and upsetting situations.
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to prioritise workload.
- Strong literacy and numeracy skills to respond to internal/external correspondence/email.
- A good attention to detail and level of accuracy.
- Have a good awareness of Data Protection, Information Governance and Safeguarding Issues.
- To be a good team player, also able to work on own initiative.
- A good working knowledge of using in house databases and Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temp Business Support Officer / Admin Assistant – Social Care
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.