- Pay Rate:
Up to £156.97 per day PAYE depending on experience
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 6 months
- KENSINGTON, London,
Temporary Afghan Response Rehousing Caseworker – Housing Needs
Reference no: K&C 5211772
Enhanced DBS disclosure required
The Team require an experienced administrator who has IT skills, ability to answer the telephone, write letters and be able to use the Mosaic system. The role should be full-time but part-time applicants should feel free to be submitted and hours can be discussed [sample bold headline para text].
In performing this role, Rehousing Caseworkers will demonstrate skills and experience procuring private sector accommodation, liaising and negotiating with landlords, providing advice about landlord and tenant rights and obligations, providing advice and support about welfare benefits, the Benefit Cap and affordability, and appropriate advice about applications for assistance under the 1996 Housing Act, Part VII and the 2017 Homelessness Reduction Act.
The Rehousing Caseworkers will be able to demonstrate cultural awareness, and will have appropriate experience and ability to work with vulnerable persons in a highly empathetic and respectful way. The Caseworkers should build trust with the families and aim to arrive at co-produced solutions to their resettlement.
- To actively research and identify opportunities to rehouse households into suitable and affordable private sector accommodation across the UK, using knowledge and experience of the private rented sector
- To work with households to secure suitable and affordable private rented sector accommodation identified by those households, supporting them through all legal and practical steps required to resettle them into a new home.
- To negotiate with private sector landlords and letting agents to secure assured shorthold tenancies on behalf of Afghan families: for example, agreeing deposits, rent in advance and / or landlord incentives.
- To ensure potential new homes for families are compliant with health and safety requirements: for example, gas certificates, electricity certificates, Energy Performance Certificates, Fire Risk Assessments (if required), HMO licence requirements and other licensing required by the host local authority.
- To provide households with advice relating to renting in the private rented sector, including tenant and landlord obligations.
- To provide households with advice relating to affordability, including welfare benefit calculations as appropriate.
- To provide households with advice relating to the 1996 Housing Act, Parts VI and VII, and the 2017 Homelessness Reduction Act as appropriate.
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Ability to communicate effectively, negotiate and influence others
- Knowledge and experience of the private rental sector
- Knowledge of Housing Benefit and welfare benefits
- Knowledge of Landlord and Tenant Law and of property compliance
- Knowledge of homelessness legislation
- Good organisational skills
- Ability to work on your own initiative
- ICT Skills: Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite)
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Other Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- *** Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- *** Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above – your CV must address the requirements listed
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temp Afghan Response Rehousing Caseworker – Housing Needs
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.