- Pay Rate: £9.36 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week: 35-37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
- This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
- Durham, DH1 5UL
An Administrative Officer is required to carry out a range of administrative duties for the Team with limited supervision, which may involve written, telephone or face to face contact with the public or internal colleagues and the application of organisational procedures and systems. Proven minute taking skills and experience required.
- Process mail, answer and deal with telephone/personal enquiries and correspondence on behalf of the Operations Manager
- Maintain manager diary and schedule appointments as requested
- Manage efficient information storage and retrieval systems, both manual and computerised
- Research, prepare and supply information as required including statistics, tracking information and producing reports
- Co-ordinate meetings including arranging venues, sending invitations, organising agendas, taking minutes and following up associated action points
- Administer PLO Panels, including setting agenda’s, collating paperwork, distributing outcomes, filing and maintaining appropriate tracking systems
- Work with Operations Manager to develop systems and processes to ensure best practice with regards to PLO procedures
- Provide administrative support to grievance and disciplinary investigations
- Prepare complex documents using a variety of formats including Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
You will be expected to have good organisational skills and be able to use IT effectively in implementing tasks.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Your address (including post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Minimum of 12 months recent office administration experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- BTEC National in public administration or NVQ Level 3 Business or equivalent.
- Knowledge & Skills:
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
- Good interpersonal skills and positive attitude towards customer care.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Flexible approach to work.
- Use initiative to assist in problem solving.
- Discrete and maintain confidentiality.
- Experience of carrying out an administrative role in a busy office environment.
- Proven minute taking skills and experience.
- Typing speed of 35 wpm.
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience.
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
- NVQ Business Administration Level 4, BTEC Higher or ICSA.
- Typing speed of 55 wpm.
- Experience of working within a PA style support role.
- Experience of working with sensitive information.
- Knowledge of SSID database.
If you would prefer to send a CV straight to us rather than by way of an on-line application, you are very welcome to do so via firstname.lastname@example.org but please quote both the job reference and job title exactly as they appear below:
Temp Administrator – Children’s & Young People Services (IMMEDIATE START)
Anticipated Length of Assignment: Unless otherwise stated (we do carry the occasional permanent vacancy) all of our roles are technically temporary, though opening assignments can be and often are, extended by clients on a longer term basis and can sometimes become permanent.
Please do try to resist contacting us with requests for progress updates.
We really do read every CV sent to us. All applications will be acknowledged by a human, not a robot, provided the job remains live and provided your CV meets the “Essential Requirements” listed.
Please note that we do our level best to take down ads as soon as roles have been filled. We are not in the business of harvesting CVs.
Important: We will interpret your application as being permission to submit your CV to this role (with the right to represent you) unless you advise us to the contrary.
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.