- Pay Rate:
£10.62 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 4 months
Full Job Title: Temporary Administration Assistant – Children's Social Care
Reference no: Portsmouth 5205699
Basic DBS disclosure required
This role is office based
You will provide high quality administrative support to the Locality team who provide intervention with children and families so it is important they work in partnership with parents and other professionals so that the right services can be provided longer term.
- Organising reports and minute taking complex meetings for example, Strategy meetings. Once completed, sending out to family and professionals.
- Entering data into service information and caseload systems to ensure accurate records are kept i.e., MOSAIC
- Administering the collection and presentation of service performance information.
- Dealing with incoming and outgoing post, ensuring service user's information is protected at all times & scanning documents the system
- Dealing with telephone enquiries from multi agencies, service users and families, ensuring timely responses and concerns relating to the safeguarding of children are signposted and responded to appropriately.
- Updating MOSAIC with decisions made to ensure these decisions are communicated in a timely manner to all involved with our children/young people.
- Maintaining files and documentation.
- Printing of reports/templates for meetings.
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Minimum of 12 months recent office administration experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation
- Proven ability to take and transcribe detailed and accurate meeting minutes.
- Basic knowledge of Safeguarding.
- Experience of working within Children's and/or Young People's Services – preferable
- Customer-focus (internal and external) and be able to demonstrate consistently high standards of customer care and customer service
- ICT Skills: Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite)
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Other Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above – your CV must address the requirements listed
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temp Administration Assistant – Children's Social Care
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.