- Pay Rate:
£12.70 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Sunday, 07:00 - 19:00
This opening assignment is for 3 months
Temporary Telecare & Out Of Hours Operator x4 - Housing
Reference no: Bournemouth 5239037
Pay Rate: £12.70 per hour PAYE
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
Enhanced DBS disclosure required
12hr Shifts working 7am to 7pm or 7pm to 7am. Across 7 days per week.
Office Based with some local community working across BCP
To provide a professional and effective response to calls from Lifeline alarm calls, customers and the public from the 24hour Control Centre. To carry out emergency visits to clients, to check and support their Health and Wellbeing. To ensure the integrity, accuracy and confidentiality of all information. As well as meeting the objectives laid out through Codes of Practice, Policies and Procedures
- To staff the Control Centre working an agreed rotating shift pattern covering 24hrs a day, 365 days per year.
- Record and maintain the database of all client information obtained in relation to services provided by Lifeline.
- Liaise with all clients to instruct and give advice on the functionality of systems.
- Maintain a detailed knowledge of all systems and equipment in use within the Control Centre, private dwellings and sheltered accommodation.
- Provide information of services, costs, benefits and equipment provided by Lifeline.
- Carry out emergency visits to clients. To assess and manage the situation through dealing with the issue on site or by summoning the most appropriate assistance.
- To provide the assisted lifting service for non-injured fallers by assembling and operating the assisted lifting equipment. Whilst physically and emotionally supporting the client.
- To handle and provide appropriate responses in line with the Council’s procedures and guidelines to all calls. Service requests can come from: subscribers of telecare services, residents of sheltered housing. members of the general public, tenants, elected members, business owners and visitors alike.
- Accurately recording all actions taken and information relating to all services provided by the Control Centre over several software platforms.
- Identify faults on equipment and reporting faults to the relevant maintenance contractor, appropriate responder and the management team
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via job[email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Telecare operator’s qualification or equivalent experience. (desirable)
- Current First Aid Certificate (desirable)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and good computer skills
- Experience of providing excellent customer service, face to face and via the telephone
Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent written, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work as part of a close-knit team in a multi-functional environment.
- Able to immediately make critical decisions using your own initiative. Managing problems and queries in line with the Council’s Policies and Procedures.
- Able to react and prioritise information from a variety of different sources, in such a way that ensures the safety and security of clients and the public in general.
- Ability to work in an accurate and organised way whilst working under pressure and meeting tight deadlines
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Telecare & Out Of Hours Operator x4 - Housing
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.