- Pay Rate:
£15.60 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 6 months
- WOOLWICH, LONDON,
Temporary Telecare Officer
Reference no: Greenwich RQ803444
Pay rate £15.60 per hour PAYE
Enhanced DBS disclosure required
The successful candidate will be required to 12 hours shift patterns including nights, weekends, and bank holidays to support the service when needed. The Telecare shift pattern is working four 12hr shifts (2 days and 2 nights) then 4 days off. Those shifts are 7am -7pm (2 days) and 7pm -7am (2 days)
Your role will be to undertake the day-to-day duties of the Telecare service, providing emergency call handling and response to the most vulnerable people in the borough. In addition, you will offer support to the OOH service and work cross-functionally when required
- To answer and monitor calls made to Greenwich Telecare, from a variety of sources, assessing their nature and taking action in accordance with guidelines and procedures. Providing advice and assistance, always alerting the emergency services where appropriate and ensuring the well-being and personal security of people linked to the service.
- Support the delivery of the Royal Borough of Greenwich’s Emergency Out -of hours Service, Customer Service and the out of Hours service for the London Borough of Lewisham. Providing access to a range of council services that reflect and meet the needs of our diverse local community and internal customers.
- To attend homes and be the first person on scene providing assistance, including the provision of first aid on an emergency basis, ensuring that the emergency services are called when necessary. To ensure that people’s homes are left secure following visits.
- To work shift patterns, including overnight weekends and bank holidays, as per the rota, to have a flexible approach in order to cover additional shifts if required.
- To demonstrate and install equipment in people’s homes, collecting information and completing all necessary paperwork.
- To ensure that all referrals for the service are processed within set time limits, actioned and followed through appropriately.
- To use, test, maintain and ensure all equipment used by the telecare service is in good working order in line with the manufacturer's specifications. Raising and escalating any remedial actions required appropriately.
- Ensuring all technology used by telecare is serviceable and fit for purpose, completing stock control and other records as required.
- Making periodic contact with clients in line with good practice guidelines.
- To keep accurate records of calls received and action taken, ensuring that incidents are escalated appropriately in accordance with procedures
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Knowledge and experience of all services provided by Customer Services including relevant IT, telephone and manual processes
- Knowledge of service provision for older or vulnerable people and a sound understanding of the breadth of services delivered by the council
- Experience of working shifts and an appreciation of the need to work flexible hours and in a variety of locations to meet/manage customer demand, service requirements and workload
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills written and oral
- Be able to work under pressure and on own initiative
- Able to deal with customers who are distressed/stressed/vulnerable over the phone and in person
- Be resilient and calm in emergency
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.